Thursday, October 21, 2010

Elementary Memories


My memory wanes when I think about my elementary years. Not much comes to mind but I was checking out the Orcas Christian School website, (oics.org), and I found a story about a past bake sale:

Graye Parnell, Soren Sweet, and myself were in 5th grade at the time when Hurricane Katrina wreaked havoc across the country. A family who survived the hurricane were injured terribly. The family's son had been paralyzed from the neck down due to falling debris of nearby buildings, their house had also been destroyed during the devastating storm. So what Mrs. Roosma decided to do was gather various parents together and bake pastries to sell at Island Market. We raised a lot of funds for the family. The amount of money that we made has faded from memory, but I know that it helped them a great deal.

Satisfaction overwhelmed me at the end of the day.

~Vivacious Individual~

No comments:

Post a Comment