Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recess at OCS

I took it upon myself to go visit and play games with Mr. Slavens and Mrs. Roosmas classes. First I tried a game of scatter ball, it was entertaining for a short while. The object of the game is to throw the ball at someone in the selected boundaries. If you are hit you have to sit out until the person that got you out gets out. You can only take 3 steps before you throw the ball. Next I played 4 square, it was fun for the kids because you keep rotating when you get out, so you get a chance to play no matter what. I interviewed some of the kids and asked them why they don't play any other games. Luke Bronn said "Because we are happy just playing these games." I asked them if they wanted to play basketball but the kids seemed uninterested. I couldnt understand why they had no interest for other games. It seems as though they play a one or two games for a period of time and then move on to the next ones.

~ The Classic KiD

No comments:

Post a Comment