Friday, September 10, 2010

FORD VS. CHEVY TOW/HAULING

For as long as Ford and Chevrolet motor companies have been around they have been the largest rivals in automotive history. I personally prefer Ford over Chevy and this is my reason why: Lets start with the towing/hauling capacities of the Ford F-350 compared to the Chevrolet 3500HD.
F-350 XL
$36,575
Crew cab (4 door)
8' box
6.2L 2-Valve SOHC V-8
Payload Max: 3,750 lbs
Tow Max: 12,000

3500HD
$31,480
Crew cab (4 door)
8' box
6.0 L V-8 SFI Vortec engine
Payload Max: 4,128 lbs
Tow Max: n/a unless you purchase the additional tow package.
Now according to statistics given by both companies, Chevrolet is cheaper yet has a little higher payload standard.  However, according to consumer reports, Ford is built stronger with a higher than maximum payload threshold than statistically listed. I agree with consumer reports, and believe Ford is a better built and stronger vehicle.   Submitted by Danny Brown

1 comment:

  1. A great article Danny. I like your reasoning! I am a Chevy man myself. Having no clue as to any actual tests, I googled looking for a comparison. I made would not have posted a comment except the results of my find are in my favor:)
    Check this site out.
    http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/silverado-3500/2006/2006-heavy-duty-truck-comparison-test.html
    Mr. May

    ReplyDelete